I have been very nervous recently (for good causes) and while in my anxious state it I realized that there are certain things that I do or my body does only or mainly when I am nervous. Some are embarrassing or Class TMI but its the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- I Burp a lot. For a reason unbeknownst to me, gas from ages past find their way back to me to leave through the attic.
- I Stress Sweat. Ugh! If sweating wasn’t enough! Stress sweat is stinky but thank the Lord that I have found several brands of deodorant that live up to what they say the will do when you stress sweat.
- I talk less. Significantly less actually. I get lost in my thoughts and forget that others are around me that may need my interaction.
- I have increased heart palpitations. After having a steady heart beat, my heart will just gallop from no individual stimuli. It is rather annoying because this helps #2.
- I have early onset hunger. I get hungry quicker when I am nervous and I stay hunger after eating. Why? Please tell me.
- I feel the urge to poop. Again, I wish I knew why. Does this happen to you? Like I will have to speak to a group of people for a few minutes and be fine but once I know its is a prolonged thing….ooooo lawd!
- I fold my arms or I find something for them to do. I think that If I just let them be then I will begin to tremble and I can’t say if I would be able to control that.
- I itch. If I become nervous suddenly because of a surprise I will begin to itch. If the nervousness came on gradually then , no.
It is what is is. I do get nervous even though some of my friends believe that I can’t.
I thought this would be a great post idea to tag some of my favourite bloggers in and read what they do when they are nervous. This should be interesting, not just to see the responses but to see HOW you respond. I tag Kay Kauffman, Chris Lai, Ricky Hill and Shaniqua Marie.