Today’s post requires me to list 10 things that make me awesome. Having never really done something like this before I had to really think and consult. I went as far as to get the dictionary meaning of the word ‘awesome’ so as to help myself in making this list.
Awesome means extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
Then I started to think, is there anything about me that is so different from others that would make me awesome? I am just like millions of others out there. My skills and talents are shared by others and as such don’t make me “awesome”. Therefore, awesome have to be relative to something and has to be biased towards a perspective.
I even consulted my significant other and that is detailed beneath my list of what makes me awesome:
- I bounce back from the hardest of setbacks and falls.
- I fight for others (literally and figuratively).
- I am not easily intimidated.
- I have an uncanny sense of empathy.
- I always try to make those around me comfortable.
- I am a fat girl in a skinny girl’s body.
- I have a keen sense of hearing.
- I am adventurous.
- I am a ‘flexer’, though my mother thinks otherwise.
- I am inherently woman.
Before writing this blog I asked my boo, “Babe, am I awesome?” and he goes, “Wait, why you asked that?” lol. It was a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question to which he said yes. Then I asked “What makes me awesome?” His response was surprising J From his perspective, here is why my man thinks I’m awesome:
- I’m not like most girls he knows.
- I’m not fussy (though I’m a little held back emotionally).
- It’s always good to talk with me.
- With the exception of Revenge we like almost all the same sitcoms.
- I’m very understandable (I think he meant understanding)
- I am kind and thoughtful.
- I like my independence.
- My mind is opened to many things.
- I am a very intelligent, young and beautiful woman.
Awww, aint he sweet?
Just so you know, he’s awesome too!